FM-3 Led Installation:
Desolder R17 and resolder it on the bottom side of the board.
This makes more room for the led module.
Remove the light fixture and replace it with the Led Module.
See Led 1 and 2
The Capacitor Board:
1. Unplug the tuner and turn the power switch to on.
2. This should discharge the power supply capacitor.
3. Use a volt meter to MAKE SURE!!!
4. Using some masking tape, a pen, and scissors, begin marking the wires. (See Figure D)
5. The wire on pin 3 of V9 should be marked Dc in.
6. Mark the two wires to pin 3 of C32 (B+1)
7. Mark the three wires to pin 4 of C32 (B+2)
8. Mark the two wires soldered to A as (grd) or ground.
9. Remove capacitor C32. (See Figure A)
10. Don’t be concerned about the resistors attached to C32. They are no longer necessary.
11. Remove the new capacitor board from the package and solder six wires
to the bottom of the board making sure they are long enough to reach their destinations.
(The board is marked))
12. As you install each wire, mark it aproppriately. (GRD, B+1, B+2, and DC in)
Check to make sure no traces are soldered together.
13. Drop the wires though the capacitor hole.
14. Bolt the included ground lug to the V9 tube socket and connect the ground wire from the cap board, the red yellow wire from the transformer (disconnected from the quad cap ground lug), and the black wire (that was connected) to the quad cap ground lug to the new ground lug.
15. Remove the wire marked DC in from the tube socket (V9).
16. Install the wire marked DC in from the capacitor board to pin three of V9.
17. Install the supplied ground lug to one of the rectifier tube mounting screws.
18. Solder the wires Marked GRD to the supplied ground lug.
19. Solder one wire marked B+1 from the capacitor board to eyelet 22 on the PC-8 board. (See Figure C)
20. Solder a second wire marked B+1 from the capacitor board to eyelet 27 on the PC-8 board. (See Figure C)
21. Solder one wire marked B+2 from the capacitor board to eyelet 87 on the PC-12 board. (See Figure C)
22. Solder a second wire marked B+2 from the capacitor board to the eyelet marked 34 on the PC-8 board. (See Figure C )
23. Solder a third wire marked B+2 from the capacitor board to the eyelet marked 12 on the PC-7 board. (See Figure B )
This completes the capacitor board installation.
Remove diodes D71 through 74. The new diodes are packaged in matched pairs.
Use one pair to replace D71 and D72. Use the second pair for D73 and D74. (See Figure E)
Caution must be used when soldering in the new diodes as the diodes can be damaged by heat. The leads should be fashioned in the way the manual recommends. (A free copy can be provided if you don’t already have one)
Each lead should be heat-sinked using the Radio Shack Soldering Heat Sink Clip Tool (part # 276-1567)
PEC Module Installation:
1. Remove, PEC modules 1 and 2. Install the new modules making certain of their orientation.
2. Remove, PEC module 3. It’s comprised of two 22k resistors and one capacitor.Install the new modules making certain of their orientation.
(See Figures E, F and G)
Remove capacitors C29, C31, C82, and C83. (See Figure E for C82 and C83) Replace them with the parts provided. The parts are marked. (See Figure H for C29 and C31)
When you’re finished, the changes should look something like Figure G.
R11 & R13 Installation:
Remove resistors R11 and R13.
Replace with parts provided. (See figure I)